Be an ADVOCATE for Foster Care Families…Help us spread the word this month as we raise awareness of the need for resource families. Just in PA, there are over 15,000 children in the foster care system at any given time.
Good news, you can help us in a number of ways, just like Reading Macaroni Kids did this week! We are asking you to tell your family, friends, coworkers, heck even the person 6 ft away from you in line. Help us get people talking about Foster Care Families!
You can do that in a number of ways:
- Join our Facebook Page and share our posts this month.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Share a link to one of our foster care “Myth Buster” videos
- Download our Foster Care Info Sheet
- Invite us to a virtual meeting or party to do a quick presentation or use feel free to use one of our videos
- Host a FB Live Event and ask us to “be your special guest”
Contact us with any questions or ideas you may have at 610-478-8266 ext. 435. Thank you for supporting foster kids and The Children’s Home of Reading continue our mission, “Caring for the needs of children and families in crisis and preparing them for success in life.”
Foster and Adoptive Parents also known as Resource Parents are the families who give so generously of their time, patience, love, and laughter to make a difference in the lives of children in foster care.
Now is a great time to become a resource parent and we anticipate the need for more families as the “Stay at Home” order continues. Information sessions and pieces of training can now be accessed from the convenience of your own home.
Thank you for considering making such a huge difference in the life of a child!